Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd is committed to the sustainability of the environment, the protection from harm, the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and waste resulting from its work activities.
It is the policy of Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd to make every reasonable effort to prevent impacts, protect the environment and implement strategies aimed at the reduction of environmentally impacting work practices.
Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd is committed to improving its environmental performance by aiming to have “No Environmental Harm” resulting from its operational activities. The Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd Environmental Policy is to:
- Comply with relevant Environmental legislation, including acts, regulations, notices, standards and codes of practice and ensure that any changes to legislation, including acts, regulations, notices, standards and codes of practice that effect Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd, its workers and the environment will be communicated accordingly.
- Provide suitable resources to ensure that the Environmental System and documentation is maintained and continually improved and that aspects and impacts are effectively identified, controlled and mitigated through provision of the latest system document revisions and training in the use of System documentation.
- Set company wide objectives and targets that meet the requirements of this Policy. Objectives and targets will be continually monitored and measured and organisational progress towards these targets reported to senior management on a monthly basis. The measurement of objectives and targets will form the basis for continuous improvement initiatives across the Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd organisation to reduce and eliminate environmental harm.
- Ensure that all workers understand their Environmental obligations and responsibilities of this Policy through inductions, training, position descriptions, provision of environmental materials and other methods deemed necessary by management.
- Review this policy by senior management on an annual basis in order to establish and maintain its relevance and appropriateness in meeting the Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd objectives and targets and relevance to the organisations environmental activities.
It is the responsibility and expectation that all Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd staff will actively promote and implement the objectives of this policy and work toward “No Environmental Harm”.
This policy will be displayed at the Northern Territory Project Group Pty Ltd head office and available on project sites.